THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME
Imagine that you are running down a hallway holding sheets containing answers to a test that you so terribly failed. At that moment, You don't feel the happiness that you are in the possession of something so sacred...Instead, all that you feel is remorse and failure. Day after day you wake up to the same feeling of dreading why you woke up, don't get me wrong, I was never like this, It's just that I don't hate what I do, but I hate why I do what I do. This a game that we're playing, It's called ' class 11 '. So, Here you are in the shoes of the protagonist, Harshini Raja, as you enter Level 1.
( Congratulations Player! You have successfully passed class 10 with 90% of your grade. Grab the necessary items from the inventory to proceed to level 1 of class 11...May the best pupil win!)
INVENTORY
1) SAME OLD BRAIN
2) PRIDE
3) PERSEVERANCE
4) EGO
LEVEL 1
THE MOST PROMISING PLACEBO
( Your first task is to make it to school on time! Help the main character to rush! )
( Your thoughts are not your own, It is miss Raja's )
HI! I'm Harshini Raja and let me just take a minute to ask you, '' How are you? ''. The answer to which is that I don't care because I am going to be late for school!!!
( A while later )
Ok, I made it to school. This is day one of class 11, I just need to smile, score, and possibly make new friends( I'm great at that). I entered my class and took a seat...and the first retarded question asked, '' which stream are you taking? ''. '' Um...Pure science ''. Yes, that's right, I choose pure science cause I loved it.
( CAUTION! PRINCIPAL ON THE WAY...CAUTION! )
So, he walks into class and gives a huge speech on how our whole life is dependant on these two years of study and nothing else...not even breathing, to be frank, that's what he said last year too...but hey! we all brats are still here! He then ends the speech by telling us that we will have a great time studying and that we just need to put in a little bit of hard work...( SPOILER ALERT: THE LAST STATEMENT WAS A LIE )
Good job player! you have passes level 1! let us move onto the second level!
LEVEL 2
THE WARRIOR
( Help the character to battle everyday stress offered by work and health...Don't forget to collect the goodies from the inventory)
INVENTORY:
1) Insomnia ( unchecked )
2) Dehydration
3) Headaches
4) Same Old brain
Hey! I'm back again, sadly. We started with calculus which was so hard...man, now it is cake! But back when I did start learning it you feel so proud, so big, mature, and elderly, though you are none of it. Worksheets filled with work were given and I strived.
I kept going and going, sleepless nights. It was easy and interesting! Units and Dimensions came with nothing else but definitions masked by alphabets( easy), Biological classification came with text ( easy), chemistry came with everyday atoms ( cake! ) and English came with Julius Caesar( some things never change ). Days passed, It was all sublime.
One day I woke up to the fact that Physics became derivatives and derivations, Chemistry became maths and theory, Biology became genetics and evolution( and I was talking just bacteria ). No no...I don't remember anything! How is this possible? I revised this yesterday! I have so much work and I don't understand this...Why the hell do I have to learn Rutherford's, Bohr's models when all of them have demerits and pieces that aren't explained? If there is no definition for ' dimension ' why does it exist? Why did Newton have to sit under an apple tree to think of gravity? Why did the apple fall? If a gravitational field is something I can't see or feel...where is the proof of its existence?
Why is there isomerism for any compound? And what the hell is it with that atom and its shell energy levels and valency! Metallic character down the group increases, but why every once in a while there is a non-metal down the group? What the heck is a Zwitteronic form? What is velocity, acceleration, gravity, life? I want to feel it...Is this magic? I can't see it...Yet great people have theories and thesis of it...which are wrong, but we still break our cranium to remember failed theories.
( Congratulations player! You are a fighter! The next level has been set to the highest difficulty level...! )
INVENTORY:
1) Anger
2) Rage
3) Confusion
4) Constipation ( Dehydration phase 2)
LEVEL 10
JAIL OR GRAVEYARD
SO...The whole night I was working on finishing my notes. This has become a cycle...I haven't slept well in a long while. I have a chemistry test tomorrow and the only way I can answer is if I just try to accept things the way they are and try to mug up everything and I am good at learning things faster! ( SPOILER ALERT: I CAN'T JUST ACCEPT IT! )
I've been trying to break down physics point by point, I just can't find enough time to maintain 3 main subjects at once. There was once a time when I played sports, I played sports and never thought about the projectile motion of the ball.
When I got hurt, I got hurt, not if I can make it to coaching. When I hit the bed, I thought of falling asleep, not a mental recap of all the things I need to be studying instead of sleeping. There was a time when I used to have lunch slowly and talk rather than finishing it silently and used time crudely to practice biology and chemistry on the chalkboard. I hate what I'm doing! There is no point in this!
This cycle is going to go on forever now. Not that I'm annoyed about working hard, but to see it decelerating, mugging up everything, writing everything, solving worksheets, writing notes over and over again. There is just so much to do and I am starting to forget things very often...during casual conversations...I pause and ask the other person what I was talking about! I am a machine...Wake up, get to school...3 hours there. In which I have an hour of free class every day, But now it is multiple revisions and notes for me to do.
Coaching class- listen, write, repeat. So tiring at 4 30. Leave...reach home at 5. Rest...video games, music, try not to sleep...or else I won't wake up. Sit back to study! Dinner and don't sleep...finally at like 1 am...or worse you get to bed only feeling stressed and bad about yourself that you didn't complete your work just enough...
( Congratulations! You have finished the toughest level! Unfortunately, the protagonist has gone crazy and needs help!
She has realized that all the fancy grade and skills of class 10 are no longer useful, she has also lost her socializing skills with friends and prefers being alone...biggest of all, she has realized that she is not a good enough pupil )
GAME OVER!!
Comments
Post a Comment